In this article, we’ll take a look at what AeroPress is and the features that could be the reason for you to give it a try.
No one will deny that the world is going coffee crazy.
More people drink coffee than any other hot beverage on earth. And no wonder it has been linked to a long list of benefits, including heightened cognitive function and a reduced risk for many illnesses.
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite hot beverage, then let me introduce AeroPress.
A device that produces a smoother cup of coffee without sacrificing flavor or intensity is easier on your stomach because you can control how much water you use in the process!
- What is an AeroPress?
- How to use an AeroPress
- Advantages of using the AeroPress over other coffee makers
- Disadvantages of using the AeroPress over other coffee makers
- Instructions on how to clean your AeroPress
- How to make a great coffee with your AeroPress
- Tips for getting the best tasting coffee from your AeroPress
- Final Thoughts on the AeroPress
What is an AeroPress?
The AeroPress is a simple and quick way to make coffee using nothing but ground coffee, hot water, and pressure.
It has many benefits, such as being cheap, easy to use, made from non-toxic materials, and producing great-tasting coffee.
The AeroPress is unique because it doesn’t use traditional paper filters, so no extra waste is created.
The main parts of the AeroPress are the AeroPress holder, plunger cap, plungers, filter caps, and filters.
How to use an AeroPress
The AeroPress is really easy to use.
To start, you need to grind your coffee beans and put them into the filter.
Screw on the plunger cap and place the AeroPress over a cup, “plunger side up.”
Add hot water – just enough to cover the grounds in the filter.
Stir for 10 seconds.
Place the plunger upside down onto the coffee grounds and press down slowly when you reach your desired pressure.
Advantages of using the AeroPress over other coffee makers
There are many advantages to using Aeropress over other coffee makers.
Firstly, it is much cheaper than other coffee machines, making it more accessible.
Secondly, all you need to use the AeroPress is hot water and ground coffee, so you don’t have to worry about throwing away used paper filters or getting messy with spills or anything like that, so cleaning up is quick and easy.
And lastly, the coffee produced with an AeroPress tastes just as good if not better than any other coffee machine!
Disadvantages of using the AeroPress over other coffee makers
The biggest disadvantage of using an AeroPress is that you can’t use it to make your drink as hot as other coffee makers.
You also can’t use it as a pour-over coffee maker as there is no filter on top of it. If you’re using an Aeropress, you’re pretty much stuck making one coffee at a time.
You also don’t have many options available when comparing it to electric coffee machines, but for the price, that is understandable, and we can hardly hold it against it.
Instructions on how to clean your AeroPress
To properly clean your AeroPress, you’ll want to follow these steps:
- Rinse the plunger and rubber seal with hot water.
- Put some dishwashing soap inside the AeroPress basket and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Fill the basket with water (or use a pot of boiling water) and place it back on the plunger stem.
- Push down on the basket handle to get the excess water out before removing the basket from the stem.
- Twist off the filter cap and rinse it in hot water, then set it aside to dry or toss it into the dishwasher after washing dishes or handwashing dishes with cold water in the sink.
How to make a great coffee with your AeroPress
- Put 6 Tbsp. coarsely ground coffee in the filter.
- Add hot water until it reaches the top edge of the filter.
- For a stronger flavor, use more coffee or less water.
- Stir to mix the grounds and heat the water (be sure not to over-stir to avoid clumping).
- Let steep for about 1 minute.
- Remove the filter, place the plunger on top of the filter, and press down quickly to expel all air bubbles.
Tips for getting the best tasting coffee from your AeroPress
1. Grind your coffee beans to ensure they’re fresh and ready to go!
2. Use a coarse grind to help create a finer coffee.
3. Give a stirring before brewing as this helps to mix the grounds and heat the water, ensuring not to over-stir too much – this can lead to clumping.
4. Use more coffee or water if you want a stronger flavor, but be careful not to overdo it as you can have a very bitter taste.
5. Remove the filter from the AeroPress after brewing, place the plunger on top of the filter, and press down slowly so as not to let air bubbles through – this may take some practice!
Final Thoughts on the AeroPress
AeroPress is a coffee maker with many benefits, such as being cheap, easy to use, and quick. It’s also made from non-toxic materials so it can be cleaned easily with soap or in the dishwasher.
The biggest disadvantage of an AeroPress is that you cannot get your drink as hot as other types of makers, but this shouldn’t stop you from using one for its cheaper price and ease of clean-up.
To make sure your coffee tastes great, remember to follow our tips: grind fresh beans, give a stirring before brewing, add more water if desired for stronger flavor, and don’t over-stir too much so the grounds won’t clump together.
With these simple steps, you’ll have a delicious cup of joe.