Chocolate-covered espresso beans are a delicious treat that many coffee lovers can’t get enough of. Combining both espresso beans and chocolate, they are a classic treat to snack on.
But, do chocolate covered espresso beans have caffeine?
Can they give you the same energy that a cup of coffee can?
Let’s take a closer look.
- What are chocolate-covered espresso beans?
- Do chocolate-covered espresso beans have caffeine?
- How many chocolate-covered espresso beans are equal to a cup of coffee?
- Does eating chocolate-covered coffee beans give you energy?
- How to make chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Where to buy chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Final thoughts on chocolate-covered espresso beans
What are chocolate-covered espresso beans?
Chocolate-covered espresso beans are a sweet and nutritious treat that is made from roasted coffee beans coated in chocolate.
The chocolate can be dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, or any other kind of chocolate.
These treats are slightly sweet as the roasted coffee beans add a bitter flavor to them.
Chocolate-covered espresso beans are full of antioxidants that help lower blood pressure and work to prevent certain illnesses and diseases.
By snacking on chocolate-covered espresso beans, you’ll be getting all of the health benefits that come with drinking coffee.
Do chocolate-covered espresso beans have caffeine?
Chocolate-covered espresso beans do have caffeine. There is approximately 400mg of caffeine in a serving of 50g of chocolate-covered espresso beans.
It is recommended to only consume a max of 400mg of caffeine per day, this includes any coffee or espressos you drink additionally, so don’t snack down on the entire 50g of choc-covered espresso beans.
As the name suggests, these treats are made from espresso beans, which contain caffeine. These delicious sweets can be addictive and as with many treats, can be easy to eat carelessly.
Make sure you don’t overindulge with this tasty snack to avoid the negative effects too much caffeine can have.
How many chocolate-covered espresso beans are equal to a cup of coffee?
If you’re looking for a quick caffeine fix and don’t have enough time to brew yourself a fresh cup of coffee, chocolate-covered espresso beans can be a great alternative.
There is about 5-10mg of caffeine in a milk chocolate-covered espresso bean and around 6-11mg of caffeine in a dark chocolate-covered espresso bean.
While it depends on the type of chocolate-covered espresso beans, you can expect to eat about 10-20 beans to reach the same caffeine level that would be in a cup of coffee.
Does eating chocolate-covered coffee beans give you energy?
Since chocolate-covered coffee beans have caffeine, does that mean they’ll give you that boost of energy that a cup of coffee gives?
Yes, eating chocolate-covered coffee beans does give you energy. Because there is caffeine in chocolate-covered coffee beans, you will get the same energy boost you would get from drinking a cup of coffee.
Remember to limit how many chocolate-covered coffee beans you have in one sitting, especially if you are sensitive to caffeine.
How to make chocolate-covered coffee beans
Making chocolate-covered coffee beans at home takes less than 15 minutes and doesn’t require any special equipment.
If you want to try making this tasty snack from your own kitchen, follow these simple steps to make delicious chocolate-covered coffee beans.
- 1 cup of espresso beans of your choice
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 milk chocolate bar
- Place the chocolate chips or chocolate bar into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate in 10-second intervals. Stir the chocolate between each interval until it is melted (be careful not to burn the chocolate).
- Remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Add in the espresso beans slowly and stir well until all of the beans are covered in chocolate.
- Carefully remove each espresso bean with a fork and place it onto a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once all of the beans are on the parchment paper, set them aside and let them cool. You can place the beans into the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Enjoy – your chocolate-covered espresso beans are ready.
Where to buy chocolate-covered espresso beans
Fortunately, you can find chocolate-covered espresso beans in grocery stores and in stores that specifically sell sweets.
Certain coffee shops may also sell chocolate-covered espresso beans. Starbucks lovers will be happy to hear that Starbucks sells its own brand of chocolate-covered espresso beans in-store.
You can also order a variety of different chocolate-covered espresso beans from Amazon.
Final thoughts on chocolate-covered espresso beans
Chocolate-covered espresso beans are a delicious treat that provides an energy boost from the caffeine it contains.
Depending on the type of chocolate used, the amount of caffeine varies slightly, with approximately 400mg of caffeine in a 50g serving.
This makes them a great choice for when you need an afternoon pick-me-up or want something sweet and satisfying to snack on.